Here are three vital areas of consideration for every access control systems installation.
(1) Do You Have a Suitable Plan for Your Access Control Systems Installation?
It’s vital to plan for the unique characteristics of your building before you start buying access control components. Here are some important steps to take during this planning stage:
- Analyze blueprints and site drawings: A detailed review of your building’s blueprints and site drawings helps you plan for the components you need and where you’ll need to install them.
- Confirm your requirements in writing: When you’re dealing with a professional access control company, discuss every detail and confirm the plan in writing. Don’t move forward with the install until you know exactly what you’re getting and how much it’s going to cost.
- Get approval from local officials: Always check with local fire officials and building code agencies to ensure your access control design complies with existing codes.
An expert access control provider should work closely with you to understand your access control needs and the requirements of your building. Your provider should also check to ensure that your plan complies with local building requirements.
(2) Do You Want Any Additional Access Control Features?
Beyond the basic features of your access control solution, it’s important to consider the different add-ons you may want. Here are some examples of common add-ons:
- Integration with video surveillance and the grounds around your building
- Higher-level security features like facial recognition or fingerprint scanning technology
- Smartphone-based, access control capabilities
- Wireless access control with wireless locking mechanisms. These make installation, setup, and maintenance dramatically easier.
- Cloud-based server instead of an on-site physical server
- Elevator access control
- Parking access control
- Integration with fire alarm and burglar alarm systems
The best access control providers offer all of these options and more. Therefore, make sure that you discuss any specific requirements you have for access control features with your provider.
(3) Can Your Access Control Solution Grow With Your Company?
As your company continues to grow and expand, is your access control solution capable of expanding with your firm? Here are two things to consider in this regard:
- Will it be easy to add new doors, offices and office buildings to the access control solution you’ve designed?
- Have you invested in the latest technology, so it won’t be obsolete in a few years?
Openpath: Cutting-Edge Access Control for Modern Businesses
At Openpath, our mobile access control solutions offer convenience and security. Installing our “plug-and-play,” cloud-based systems is simpler than installing conventional access control solutions. Also, our smartphone-based access control technology means that entering and exiting your facility—and granting and revoking access—will be easier and more secure than ever.
To learn more about Openpath’s cutting-edge solutions and what’s involved with our access control systems installations, contact our team today.